blethers

Sunday, November 12, 2006

PS: all ART is rubbish, but...

In the last post on this site, yesterday, I proved that ALL ART IS RUBBISH. This is utterly, completely and totally true, nevertheless, in the words of Dick Emery (BBC TV 1960's or 1970's):
"Oh, you are aweful, but I like you!"


I have been working on a project that required me to present personality profile of myself. I am not good with 'I am this', or 'I am that', so I chose instead to use a selection of my favourites quotes, ones that have had an influence on me for many years. Relevant to the above, is a Quote from Robert Browning, whom I discovered in my teens. MY LAST DUCHESS was always my favourite, and my favourite lines were:

"She had a heart, how shall I say,
Too soon made glad, too easily impressed.
She liked what'er she looked on, and her looks went everywhere."

I was hugely impressed by the idea of being able to LIKE EVERYTHING, the more so because my mother had already prepared the ground with one of her favourite pearls of wisdom. From as early as I can remember, she was very much of the opinion that "the more you know, the richer your life will be."

So, as I say, Art may be rubbish, but that does not stop me LIKING it!.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home